Here are my answers:
1. Name your all-time favourite male character.
This one is hard because I’m like a hooker when it comes to book heroes, I love them all, for different reasons, but one of my all time favorite male characters is Dageus MacKeltar from KMM’s The Dark Highlander. That man could make me shudder in my pants. I’m a sucker for alpha males and this man screams ALPHA! I love him for fighting the good fight for his loved ones and I just love how strong and determined he was to stay good….and then he’s horse hung? Yep, I love me some Dageus. 😉
2. What is your favourite setting? Historical / Contemporary or otherwise. Why? What draws you in?
For me, right now, it’s all about contemporaries and especially, chick lit. I’m not sure why, maybe because there’s really no major drama involved, they’re light and funny and I don’t want to read about other peoples high dramatized romance when I have too much of that in my real life. So for me, it’s about contemps although that may have to do with the fact that I’m just not in the mood for historicals, I go through this every year. I’m in a historical slump and it took long months to get over my last historical slump.
3. What trait in a hero can you not abide?
Hmm, I hate heroes like Geoffrey from Julie Garwood’s Gentle Warrior. I didn’t like him at all.
4. Who’s your favourite heroine of all time?
Hmm, I have no idea since I hardly ever pay attention to the heroines. All of them are like the same to me…ooh, wait I know, I LOVED Jennifer Crusie’s Minn Dobbs from Bet Me, now there’s a heroine that kept it real. LOVED HER.
5. What is your favourite genre? Romance. Have you analyzed why it is your favourite? I’m a sucker for happy endings and I’m garanteed one if I read a romance. Do you care? That I read romance novels? Oh heck no, I’m known for it.
6. What genre do you dislike the most? What is it that grates? Hmm, I don’t know, I don’t really read any other genre, because I could care less.
7. If you have ever read books from the genre you don’t like is there at least one book from that genre that you could recommend? n/a