So I’ve been tagged by the lovely, Devonna over at Good Reads and I’m totally doing this since it gives me something to blog about since I’ve been coming up with next to NOTHING to blog about these days…nothing much is going on in my life so, meh…THANKS to Devonna for giving me something to do! You rock sweets!
I’m supposed to list 5 Truths about myself and so this is my coming clean post, haha…and on with the list.
1. My real name is Rowena. I’ve been going back and forth about whether to just come out and start posting under my real name or just leave it be the way it is, but well when I first started this blog a year ago, I thought it would be cool to post under an alias because 1) I didn’t want anyone to find this blog that I knew in my offline life 2) I didn’t want my family to find this blog and 3) Because Dylan for a girl was always such a cool name to me and I wanted to use it. But, since the cat’s out of the bag, the people I was hiding this blog from already know about it and are faithful readers (as my best friend, sitemeter tells me weekly), I thought why not, just come clean and just be free…with no restrictions, so here it is…the first truth, call me, Rowena, cause that’s my name. =)
2. I’m the shy one in my circle of friends. My readers will probably find this really hard to believe, since I’m so confident (LOL) and fun loving on this blog, but in my real life, I’m actually the shy one, well if you have a best friend like mine, it’s hard to be the spotlight because she’s just one of those people that demand attention wherever you get it and I actually prefer it that way. I don’t like to draw attention to myself (I know, shocking huh?) in real life and I think that has to do with my guy situation. The last guy that I was totally head over heels in love with and so confident that he loved me back, was cheating on me the entire time we were together. Well, actually he was with his girlfriend the whole time, making me the dirty mistress and that did some serious damage to my self esteem and my confidence. I haven’t found anyone to change that so I tend to shy away from strangers, guys and just people in general. I have to know you to open up and be all sunshiny with.
3. I think that I’m destined to be single for the rest of my life. I think I’m just so used to being single that I’ve got that Independant Mentality, I do what I want, when I want and I just haven’t met anyone who has made me want to change that and sometimes I don’t think I ever will. Maybe I’m like ruined by Mike (the evil ex), because I will always find something wrong with every guy that I go out with and then I’ll break things off, it’s a vicious cycle…I don’t ever let anyone that close to me and I have no idea why. Okay so maybe I do know why, I don’t ever want to feel the way I felt when I found out about Mike and his girlfriend, Melissa…the kicker about it all is with all of my self doubt and what not, you’d think I’d stay FAR AWAY from romance novels, but I don’t…I’m a freak, I know this.
4. My all time favorite singer is Kenny Chesney. For some reason, Kenny Chesney is my go to guy for pulling me out of certain funks. As long as I have Kenny Chesney cds there to listen to when I’m in one of my moods, I’m good to go. Listening to his songs always reminds me of his concerts and his concerts are always filled to the brim with good times. It’s the one time a year that you can catch all of my brothers and sisters together for more than an hour at a time, with no worries, no drama (well for the most part, haha), just fun and good times. I always have a blast when I’m with my family at the concerts and their my most prized memories, which always boosts Kenny Chesney up to the top of my favorites, because not only do I LOVE his songs, but I love the memories that he helps bring into my life with his concerts!
5. I’m a very active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I’m not the most perfect Member of my Church, but I do love my Church with all that I am. It’s the one thing outside of my family and friends that is a solid foundation that I can always count on for both myself and for Brenna. There’s a place for everyone there and no one is left behind. I have a strong testimony of the gospel and going to Church is a lot of fun for me, I love learning new things and I love just being around the other Members of my Ward, we’re a family, always looking out for each other and I just love that.
Alright, there it is…my truths, what are yours?
I’m tagging: Whoever wants to do this that hasn’t already.
That picture with the 5 was the only picture I could find, I DO NOT SMOKE WEED! haha.